The Delta Academy
2012 SUMMER SCHOOL
ONE SESSION ONLY – JUNE 17, 2013 THRU JULY 26, 2013
Open to all Students Grade 7-12
For more information click on Enrollment
ART Class on Your Tablet
for adults and students
*Ipad and Android Tablet
ONE SESSION ONLY
JUNE 18 THRU JULY 26
Open to Everyone
Bring your own Tablet or rent one from us
$120 (includes cost of app)
The Delta Academy has been in operation since 2007 and serves grade levels 7-12. We are growing every year yet maintaining true to our mission through differentiated instruction and low student-to-teacher ratio.
Some excellent features about the Delta Academy include:
- The Delta Academy has maintained a low student-to teacher-ratio. The average class ratio is 12:1.
- The Delta Academy offers a track for students who are college bound as well as those wishing to be trained in a vocation.
- The number of students graduating from the Delta Academy has more than doubled each year for the past 3 years.
- Students attending The Delta Academy can take courses which lead to certifications in IT, medical assisting and bookkeeping.
- Frequent communication between school and home assists with student performance.
- The Delta Academy uses state-of-the-art thin client technology for its computer labs.
The Delta Academy will provide a safe and nurturing instructional environment in which students from various backgrounds expand their knowledge base to fulfill academic and personal goals through differentiated instruction and reinforcement of positive character traits.
Goals and Objectives
- Improve the opportunity for pupils to learn. This goal will be measured by comparing the attendance rate of each student from the past year to the current year. As the students’ emotional well-being improves, their attendance and attitudes toward education should improve.
- Reduce the incidence of drop-outs of at-risk students. Even though the population of The Delta Academy is significantly more at-risk than the general population of the aforementioned schools, we would still expect that our school’s attendance rates will be higher. This higher rate is due to smaller class size and differentiated instruction.
The Delta Academy utilizes frequent parent communication as a way to increase student attendance and academic performance. If a student has been absent for two or more days, our staff attempts to contact the parent to ascertain the reason behind the absences. Also, we frequently use our website to communicate important information to our students, parents and community members.